LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Affordable laser hair removal treatments. Less ongoing maintenance costs.
Minimal skin irritation and discomfort.
Safest hair removal process available.
Find the same treatment for less, we will match the price and beat the service!
Ready to make an appointment for this treatment?
What is LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Laser hair removal is a cosmedical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) to remove unwanted hair.
During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin (hair follicles) that produce hairs. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth.
Although laser hair removal effectively delays hair growth for long periods, it usually doesn’t result in permanent hair removal. Multiple laser hair removal treatments are needed for initial hair removal, and maintenance treatments might be needed as well. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair, but it can be successfully used on all skin types.
At BeautyPlus+ Laser Clinic we use the most advanced and medical grade, gold standard laser device CANDELA GentleMax Pro® to provide the Laser Hair Removal. This is the most effective and the safest treatment for all dark hairs and all skin colours.
Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a very successful method of long-term hair reduction. It is a safe method used by thousands of people to remove and slow unwanted hair growth.
1. Minimal Side Effects
There are only a few minor side effects of laser hair removal, and those which do occur tend not to last more than a few days.
2. Cost Effective
Once you begin your journey with laser hair removal, you will no longer need to spend your money on regular expensive wax treatments, depilatory creams, razors or other methods of hair removal. It may be more cost up front, but over your life, you will save a huge amount by no longer having to spend on these procedures. You will also save yourself a great deal of time that would otherwise be spent shaving or waxing.
3. No Ingrown Hairs
Unlike waxing, threading and epilating, you will not have to put up with painful and unsightly ingrown hairs. Neither will you have to tolerate razor burns or irritation. Laser hair removal can even improve ingrown hairs.
4. No Waiting For Hair Growth
You don’t need surface hair for a laser hair removal treatment. In fact, you are encouraged to shave soon before your session to prevent you scorching any of the surface hair. This means that while you are waiting for the laser hair removal to work, you can remain fuzz-free, unlike with waxing and other hair removal methods where you must have long enough surface hair before a session.
Laser hair removal specifically targets hairs right down at the follicle. This is a particular benefit over CANDELA GentleMax Pro® laser hair removal as the use of the laser makes it more suited to treating people with dark skin tones. The precision also means you should get results sooner.
Treatment times are fast, although speed will depend on the size of the area being treated, and you are likely to see results within the first few weeks. You can also think of the time you will save by not having to shave or have regular waxing.
Most clients can achieve permanent hair loss within 6 and 8 sessions, so laser hair removal is very successful.
Risks of side effects vary with skin type, hair color, treatment plan and adherence to pre-treatment and post-treatment care. The most common side effects of laser hair removal include:
- Skin irritation: Temporary discomfort, redness and swelling are possible after laser hair removal. Any signs and symptoms typically disappear within several hours.
- Pigment changes: Laser hair removal might darken or lighten the affected skin. These changes might be temporary or permanent. Skin lightening primarily affects those who don’t avoid sun exposure before or after treatment and those who have darker skin.
Rarely, laser hair removal can cause blistering, crusting, scarring or other changes in skin texture.
Laser hair removal isn’t recommended for eyelids, eyebrows or surrounding areas, due to the possibility of severe eye injury.
How you prepare
Before laser hair removal, schedule a consultation with our therapists to determine if this is an appropriate treatment option for you. Our therapists will likely do the following:
- Review your medical history, including medication use, history of skin disorders or scarring, and past hair removal procedures
- Discuss risks, benefits and expectations, including what laser hair removal can and can’t do for you
At the consultation, discuss a treatment plan and related costs. Laser hair removal is usually with some special deals.
Our therapists will also offer specific instructions to prepare for laser hair removal. These might include:
- Staying out of the sun: Follow your therapist’s advice for avoiding sun exposure before and after treatment. Whenever you go out, apply a broad-spectrum, SPF30+ sunscreen.
- Lightening your skin: Avoid any sunless skin creams that darken your skin.
- Avoiding other hair removal methods: Plucking, waxing and electrolysis can disturb the hair follicle and should be avoided at least four weeks before treatment.
- Avoiding blood-thinning medications: Ask your therspist about what medications, such as aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs, to avoid before the procedure.
- Shaving treatment area: Shaving is recommended the day before laser treatment. It removes hair above the skin that can result in surface skin damage from burnt hairs, but it leaves the hair shaft intact below the surface.
What you can expect
Laser hair removal usually requires eight and more treatments. The interval between treatments will vary depending on the location. On areas where hair grows quickly, such as the upper lip, the treatment might be repeated in 2 weeks. On areas of slow hair growth, such as the back, the treatment might be every 4-5 weeks.
During the procedure
For each treatment you’ll wear special goggles to protect your eyes from the laser beam. The therapist will press a hand-held laser instrument to your skin. A cooling device on the tip of the instrument will be used to protect your skin and lessen the risk of side effects.
When the therapist activates the laser, the laser beam will pass through your skin to the hair follicles. The intense heat from the laser beam damages the hair follicles, which inhibits hair growth. You might feel discomfort, such as a warm pinprick, and you’ll likely feel a sensation of cold from the cooling device.
Treating a small area, such as the upper lip, might take only a few minutes. Treating a larger area, such as the back, might take more than 30 minutes.
After the procedure
You might notice redness and swelling for the first few hours after laser hair removal.
To reduce any discomfort, apply laser soothing cream such as ‘Laser Aid’ to the treated area. If you have a serious skin reaction immediately after laser hair removal, you might need to seek docotor advices.
After laser hair removal and between scheduled treatments, avoid sunlight and don’t use a tanning bed for six weeks or as directed by your therapist. Use a broad-spectrum SPF30+ sunscreen daily.
Hairs do not fall out immediately, but you will shed them over a period of days to weeks. This may look like continued hair growth. The repeated treatments are usually necessary because hair growth and loss naturally occur in a cycle, and laser treatment works best with hair follicles in the new-growth stage.
Results vary significantly and are difficult to predict. Most people experience hair removal that lasts several months, and it might last for years. But laser hair removal doesn’t guarantee permanent hair removal. When hair regrows, it’s usually finer and lighter in color.
You might need maintenance laser treatments for long-term hair reduction.
The Candela laser works by directing concentrated Laser light into the hair follicle inhibiting the hair’s ability to grow without disrupting or damaging the skin’s surface. Candela lasers use a wide beam which allows the removal of multiple hair follicles at the same time.The Candela GentleLASE Pro is designed to work for clients with dark hair and lighter skin, while the GentleYAG Pro works best on a darker skin tone.
Treatments can be repeated every 2-4 weeks depending the different types of hairs until you achieve the desired results. We recommend starting with 8 treatments. For some circumstances, an average of 8-12 treatments are recommended. Typically, you will see results after 3-4 treatments followed by the recommended after care. Lasting and more significant results will occur after 8-10 treatments.
Firstly visit our clinic for a consultation on your needs. If you have been waxing, you will need to wait 2-4 weeks until the hair has regrown, then shave a day before your first treatment. Do not sunbake, sunbed, spray tan or fake tan for 2 weeks prior to your treatment as tanning of any sort can lead to superficial burning. Avoid perfumes or any alcohol-based treatments on the area to be treated and inform your therapist if you are on any form of acne medication or topical vitamin A.
• Avoid all active skincare for the first 3-5 days after treatment. Such as AHA’s (Glycolic Acid), BHA’s, benzoyl peroxide, Retinol, alcohol based topical skincare
• No makeup/spray/self tanning after treatment for minimum 24 hours on treatment areas
• Avoid heat of any source e.g. sauna, hot shower, solarium, blow drying hair and no exercise & swimming until recovered, minimum 24 hours.
- Avoid all kinds of the skin treatments/cosmetic tattooing/rubbing or stimulating the area treated for the first 3-5 days
- Avoid direct sun exposures after treatment for 2 weeks minimum.
• Use Gentle Cleanser and all the recommended aftercares from your therapist.
• Wear SPF 30+ everyday
Whilst we have seen amazing results from CANDELA Laser Hair Removal treatment, please know that results do vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend coming and speaking to our clinic technicians for an in-depth consultation. They will discuss in detail how the treatment works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your treatment goals.