Getting rid of your dull winter skin- and restore your skins glow
If you’re feeling like you’ve lost your glow thanks to dull skin, chances are, one of the mistakes below is responsible:
1. You and your skin is dehydrated- dehydration decreases the volume of blood flow to the skin, making you look “pale and sickly.” Aim to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
2. You’re not exfoliating your skin- Dryness is the most common cause of dull skin, and exfoliating creates a fresh canvas that allows products to be absorbed better.
3. You’re forgetting to moisturize regularly-
4. Your very stressed- Stress plays a large role in the radiance of your skin—or the lack of it. Stress causes an increase in cortisol, which can effect blood flow to the skin and effect skin repair
5. You are sleep deprived- Sleep is the body’s healing time when your skin cells restore and repair themselves. If that period is shortened or altered, skin cells cannot perform at their best.
6. Your environment is affecting your skin- Your environment could be dulling down your skin with air pollutants, low humidity, harsh winds, and UV exposure, which can damage unprotected skin.
7. You’re overdoing it with matte makeup- Use a foundation or BB cream that has radiance-boosting or luminizing effects.
8. You’re not eating a healthy diet- What you put into your body is reflected in your complexion.