SEBACEOUS GLAND ABLATION（SGA）
Affordable treatment at competitive prices. Low price guarantee.
15 Years of Experiences.
100% Clients Satisfaction Guarantee.
Helps deduce the acne/enlarged pores.
A fast way to get smoother skin.
Ready to make an appointment for this treatment?
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
Effective acne treatments are available, but acne can be persistent. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and when one begins to go away, others seem to crop up.
Depending on its severity, acne can cause emotional distress and scar the skin. The earlier you start treatment, the lower your risk of such problems.
What is Sebaceous Gland Ablation(SGA)?
Sebaceous gland ablation (SGA) is the selective destruction of the hyperactive sebaceous gland by a high frequency current (thermolysis).
This treatment instantly eases the sensation of pressure and pain experienced by the patient suffering with severe cystic acne; without the side-effects of scarring.
It utilises a combination of insulated RF needle and radio frequency to eliminate the selective sebaceous gland with the active acne/breakouts only without causing any burn/damage on skin.
The benefits can include reduced active acne, breakouts, blackheads, whiteheads, milliars or pore size, improve oily skin, and the treated area will regenerate collagen to make the skin healthier, firmer and smoother. For optimism results, a course of 4+ treatments and aftercare products are recommended.
SGA uses a combination of dermal Needling and radio frequency. Dermal Needling reaches the sebaceous gland of the pores to eliminate them, which overactive and cause the acne and breakouts. Radio frequency uses low level radio waves to cause a thermal reaction within the dermis. This heat metabolises unhealthy cells and sebaceous gland, in-turn causing a stimulation to produce healthy new cells. The result is reduced the acne/breakouts, minimize the pore size and overall skin rejuvenation
- Reduce Acne/Breakouts/Pore Sizes
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Refine pores and improve skin texture
- Reduce miliars
- Help oily skin
- Results may vary individually
Remember acne takes a while to form on your skin, so you need to be realistic with your recovery time. Recommended 4-6 treatments depending on the skin conditions.
Treatments can be repeated 3-4 weeks until you achieve the desired results. We recommend starting with 4 treatments. For severe acne, an average of 5-8 treatments are recommended. Results can be seen from one to four weeks after treatment. Typically, you will see results after your first treatment followed by the recommended after care. Lasting and more significant results will occur after 4 treatments.
As the treatment is non systemic, it is highly unlikely to cause side-effects. However, due to the nature of the treatment, some transient erythema should be expected. It is also possible that when the inflammatory content is released from lesions, it can spread to surrounding tissues, causing further inflammation.
It typically leads to visible improvement and reduction of lesions within two to three days of treatment, as opposed to the several weeks that untreated lesions can take to heal on their own. Following 1 treatment the effects will be seen visibly. Following a course of 4-6 treatments the results will be seen significantly.
• 1-5 days after treatment: Possible mild localised swelling and redness (tomato red), skin may feel like a burn after treatment, petechia on skin surface (tiny red dots) swelling immediately after treatment e.g acne pores can swell up.
• Avoid all active skincare for the first 2 weeks after treatment. Such as AHA’s (Glycolic Acid), BHA’s, benzoyl peroxide, Retinol, alcohol based topical skincare
• No makeup/spray/self tanning after treatment for minimum 24 hours and or until all the reactions are disappeared.
• Avoid heat of any source e.g. sauna, hot shower, solarium, blow drying hair and no exercise & swimming for 24 hours
• Avoid all kinds of the skin treatments/cosmetic tattooing/rubbing or stimulating the area treated for the first two weeks
• Avoid muscle relaxant/dermal filler injections for the treated areas for the first two weeks.
- Avoid direct sun exposures for the first two weeks.
• Use Gentle Cleanser and all the recommended aftercares from your therapist.
• Use mineral makeup for sensitive skins.
- Wear SPF 30+
Whilst we have seen amazing results from the treatment, please know that results do vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend coming and speaking to our clinic technicians for an in-depth consultation. They will discuss in detail how the treatment works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your treatment goals.